• We are all responsible for where we are as a
society and for where we are headed.
• Rather than fighting darkness with darkness, we
will change our culture by bringing in more light.
• Love can heal all ills.
• In seeking understanding of others' actions, we
open ourselves to compassion and love.
• Each ripple of love we send out has the potential
to become a wave.
• A journey begins with a single step.
A positive, non-fear-based movement dedicated to
bringing about culture change . . . to reverse the
trend of violence and disrespect for human life, to
teach all beings to recognize that loving each
other is the reason we are here, and to encourage
one another to practice love-centered living.
Why was it created?
We are tired of feeling helpless and want to do
something when we see and hear of repeated
non-loving acts in our world. It's easy to be apathetic
and do nothing and to think we can't make a
Who can be part of the Put Love First Movement?
Anybody who wants to make a difference. This is
a movement aimed at getting the message into
homes and schools, to individuals and families. It
is directed at people of all age groups, all ethnic
groups, and all spiritual beliefs. Participants in
the Put Love First movement are called "First
Responders." (Why not get your whole school
involved in a "Put Love First" initiative?)
• Perform at least one random act of love per day.
• Spend five minutes in contemplation/prayer/meditation, focusing on love and inter-connectedness. Click here for a free eguide,
• Create or join a weekly prayer group/centering group/study group focused on creating more love in our society. Click here to read
about the success of one such group, and how you can form your own group.
• Look for opportunities to put someone else first in a small or big way each day.
• Model loving kindness, compassion, and respect to your family and others at every opportunity.
• See all challenges as an opportunity to respond not with anger, fear, or judgment, but with love ... and do so.
• Have a daily "We Put Love First" discussion with yourfamily members focusing on sharing or teaching one of the "Put Love First" core
values and how you put them into action that day.
• Read something uplifting on a daily basis.
• Work with love-centered affirmations. (Stay tuned to this website for sample affirmations)
• Give up TV shows and movies that focus on killing & senseless violence.
• Participate regularly/volunteer in an activity that serves others.
• Assume responsibility for a major Put Love Firstinitiative of your own ...
Being a First Responder is a commitment to ACTION. You agree to take on one, many, or all of the following actions and to add a few more
of your own:
What It Means To Be a Put Love First "First Responder"
• Seeking understanding in spite of our differences
• Respecting ourselves and our fellow human beings
• Striving for compassion
What are the movement's goals?
• To reverse disturbing trends toward violence.
• To give all of us hope for a better future.
• To put responsibility at the level of the
individual instead of passing the blame or hoping
others will solve the problem.
• To help people to feel compassion through
• To help our fellow human beings reach the
point where they could not consider hurting
It's time we ...
What is the Put Love First Movement?
We affirm that:
In layman's terms, a first responder is an emergency
worker--the first on the scene in a tragedy--one
who serves and helps others and has the potential
to save lives. In the Put Love First movement, you
become a First Responder by agreeing to upholding
the Put Love Firstcore values of:
When two hearts are joined as one
They always will be linked.
The bonds that do connect you
Can never be extinct.
For love’s a potent energy.
It’s resonance is great.
And when you share that power,
The greatest link do you create.
Do you think you can't make a difference? Love is the most
powerful force there is. By opening your heart and radiating
love, you create waves that are felt around the world. You can
sit back, feel powerless, and do nothing, or you can change the
world one soul at a time, beginning with the kind of thoughts
You don't banish darkness by bringing in more darkness. You
banish darkness by bringing in light.
This is a call to action. YOU make change
happen. For now, we will use Facebook as
our interactive platform with other social
media platforms to follow. Post your Put
Love First initiatives, actions, and anything
else you want to share on the PLF Facebook
page and we will upload them here.
The Put Love First Movement began after the tragic shootings in Newtown,
Connecticut. This tragedy was followed by a senseless act of violence in
Webster, NY and now by the bombing in Boston. Put Love First "First
Responders" responded by using the "First Responder" wristbands as a
means of raising money to benefit the families of the victims and of
spreading the main message of the movement -- to always put love first as
the first response to anything that is less than loving. To find out how you
can get wristbands onto people's arms, click here.